- Category: Top Picks
Summer Fun | Free Concerts
Spring and summer are the start of the outdoor concert season. Throughout the country there are fantastic concerts held during the beautiful weather of the spring and summer. If you love to attend concerts, but have to deal with a tight budget start checking out your local community calendars for any free concerts you can find. Make sure you check out any events in the destinations you plan on traveling to as well.
Cities across the country have fantastic venues and offer concert series, so make sure you don't miss out on an opportunity to see your favorite band for free. Here are a few options that you won't want to miss.
- Each year the National Symphony Orchestra performs a free concert on the Sunday before Labor Day. This event is held on the West Lawn of the US Capitol in Washington, DC and is a fantastic way to celebrate the performing arts season opening.
- If you are traveling to New York or already live there make sure you don't miss the City Parks Foundation SummerStage. This is a great music festival held in Central Park. The festival brings in some really amazing artists to perform. Make sure you check the season schedule early, although not all of the concerts are free many are and seats fill fast.
- New York's Metropolitan Opera offers a Summer Recital Series. If you are a fan of opera make sure you check the Summer Recital schedule. There are events held in different parks throughout the city and some of the Met's great talents perform.
- The Saint Louis Zoo has a free family-friendly concert series in the summer called Jungle Boogie. This is a great summer option for families with children. Not only do they get to visit the zoo, but they get to enjoy a fun concert as well.
- Seattle City Hall holds free concerts in the City Hall Plaza in the lunchtime hour during July and August. There are a great way to enjoy some local Seattle artists, enjoy the summer sun in Seattle and spend a little time outdoors during the week.
- The Northwest Folklife Festival is another popular free concert option in Seattle. Held over Memorial Day weekend, this event brings together all sorts of local culture, merchants, artists and more.
These are just a few events held in a few cities. The free events in each city, let along the country are too numerous to list. Make sure you keep an eye out for your local festivals and concert series. Some may have admission, but you are sure to find plenty that are free. Not only can you see some of your favorite artists, but you may also learn about some fantastic local groups that become your new favorite.